Dominican Republic GPS Map for Garmin GPS Devices
This GPS map will give you turn by turn directions to your destination using a point of interest (POI), city point, and/or latitude and longitude, with the ability to preplan driving destinations before getting into your car.
The easy to follow instructions allow you to download and install the map into Garmin BaseCamp desktop software and transfer it to your Garmin GPS in minutes. This installable map is compatible with ALL Garmin GPS units .
Latest Dominican Republic Update: June 2016 v3.7
GPS Unit Screenshots
Below are some images of the Dominican Republic GPS map as viewed on a Garmin Nuvi GPS device.
To get a better sense of the map's details and features, click on the thumbnail images below. The screenshots are of the map as viewed in Garmin BaseCamp®, which provides an interface for viewing Garmin-compatible map products and managing geographic data. Click here to learn more about BaseCamp's features.
Delivery Options and Updates
You can select whether you'd like to download and install your map or have a pre-loaded SD card shipped to you.
Download and install your digital map immediately after payment is complete. It's simple, fast, and you'll be using your new map within minutes for your travels!
Please refer to our Install Instructions for additional information.
SD Memory Card
If you'd prefer the convenience of not installing the map yourself, we can ship you the map preloaded onto a SD memory card via US Postal Service Priority Mail. Just plug it in to your Garmin unit and you'll be ready to go!
Customers are eligible for one free update from their purchased map version (e.g., v1.0 to v1.1).
After the free update, new updates can be purchased for 50% off by selecting the update option in our online store.
Map Stats At A Glance
Our maps provide the most complete offline GPS navigation experience available.
Points of Interest:16,241
Why Buy A Map For Your GPS Device?
On average the cost of renting a GPS from a car rental company is US$12 per day in addition to your standard car rental fees. By using your own Garmin GPS and purchasing a map for your travel destination, you will begin saving money within days and the map is yours to use on subsequent trips.
GPS devices are great to use while traveling because they work worldwide without needing a cell phone signal or other paid service to operate. However, without a map, the GPS won't be able to provide road navigation outside of your home area/country. By purchasing a map and installing it on your GPS device, you'll be able to use your Garmin to provide you accurate car navigation, attentive installation help from our staff if you need it and you'll get the most out of your travels!
Here are a few notes from people that have used our maps.
Just what I was looking for and at a great price!
Thanks for fixing me up with the DR maps, they worked well. I would never have gotten around without them. I am a happy customer.
My family is originally from the there and relocated to the states in the early 70's. I don't know much about getting around there to visit friends and few remaining family members. That was the main reason for me purchasing the map originally. Your map was the most detailed and reasonably priced one I could find. Street signs there are far and few between specially when you get out of the bigger cities and towns. We probably would have gotten arrested or worst snaking our way through La Romana without the map's one way street details. Your maps are not 100% perfect, but they're a very good product and reasonably priced, specially considering your update policy and pricing.
Back in Feb of 2011 I purchased a map for Las Galeras in the Dominican Republic and I must say, though the roads were not comprehensive in this little traveled to town, it sure keep me from getting lost. That said, the maps for Santo Domingo were TOPNOTCH!
Dominican Republic GPS Map Update History
v 3.7 | June 2016
- Added new POIs in Santo Domingo and Santiago.
- Added road names in Santo Domingo and Santiago.
- Improved car navigation
v 3.6 | March 2015
- Added 363 new POIs.
- Added 11 km of oneways.
- Improved car navigation
v 3.5 | July 2013
- Added over 400 km of new roads.
- Added roads in Villa Bisono, Santiago, and throughout DR.
- Added 15 km of oneways in Santiago.
- Minor updates to road names, rivers, and POIs.
v 3.4 | March 2013
- Added 1,213 km of new roads.
- Improved accuracy of 400 km of roads.
- Added 2 km of oneways.
- Added names to 109 km of roads.
- Added 12 new POIs.
- Added 89 sq km of parks.
- Improved river accuracy and added 14 km of rivers.
- Improved and added roads west of Puerto Plata.
- Added roads to Boca de Yuma, San Rafael de Yuma, Punta Cana, Santiago, La Isabella, San Juan de la Maguana, Tamboril.
v 3.3 | January 2013
- Added 1,127 km of new roads.
- Added name to 19 km of roads.
- Added 1 km of oneways.
- Added 27 new POIs.
- Added more Lakes, Parks, and Airports.
- Added roads to Paraiso, Enriquillo, Piedra Blanca, Sabana Larga, San Jose de Ocoa, Castanuela, Villa Vasquez, Andres, Cotui, Tenares, Las Matas de Santa Cruz, Guayubin, Villa Los Almacigos, Sabaneta, Fantino, Las Guaranas, El Valle, Pimentel, Cap Cana, La Manicera, San Geronimo, El Pecoson, Villa La Mata, Pueblo Nuevo, Juancho, and Oviedo.
- Fixed route to Playa Rincon.
v 3.2 | October 2012
- Added new Autopista del Coral highway.
- Added over 380 km of roads.
- Added roads and POIs to El Seibo.
- Added roads to Hato Mayor del Rey, Los Hatillos, San Geronimo, and Los Llanos.
- Added phone number to major airports.