What Is Garmin BaseCamp?
Garmin BaseCamp® provides an interface for viewing Garmin-compatible map products and managing geographic data. With BaseCamp, you can do things such as:
- Transfer data to and from your Garmin device.
- Plan multi-day trips using Yelp® and your map data.
- Create, view, edit, and organize waypoints, routes, and tracks.
- Find places, such as addresses, points of interest, and public land survey areas included in your detailed map data.
- View map data in 2D and 3D.
- View topographical information included in your detailed map data.
- Geotag photos with geographical location information.
- Print detailed topographical maps, PLS quads, and multi-page poster maps.
- Download and view BirdsEye™ satellite imagery and topographic raster maps.
- Import and view Garmin Custom Maps.
- Create, share and download Garmin Adventures (http://adventures.garmin.com).
BaseCamp is compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems. You can learn more and download it for free at http://www.garmin.com/en-US/shop/downloads/basecamp.
Garmin BaseCamp is used to manage maps for your GPS unit and must be installed on your computer before you view and transfer your map to your GPS. Please install Basecamp on your computer by clicking the icon (below).